Thursday, June 26

Run Across USA Weekly Update



Day 15 – 7 Mile Tempo Run
Sherman
Total Mileage: 111 miles

I crossed into Sherman and back into Aroostook County during my 7 miles. This town was named after Ohio senator John Sherman, “The Ohio Icicle”. He was the famous author of the Sherman Antitrust Act.

Day 16 – 11 Mile Distance Run
I-95 – Benedicta
Total Mileage: 122 miles

Benedicta appeared to be a unique place. It was one founded by Bishop Benedict Joseph Fenwick as an all Catholic colony in 1834. Still today it is predominantly Catholic. My run took me on I-95 where I will remain for quite awhile.

Day 17 – 5 Mile Track Run
I-95 – Salmon Stream Lake
Total Mileage: 127 miles

Today I ran past Salmon Stream Lake with coincidently enough contains no salmon. It's a shallow, body of water about a mile long and a half-mile wide. Part of the Penobscot River watershed, it contains white suckers, sunfish, pickerel, yellow perch, white perch and smallmouth bass -- and an occasional brook trout.

No comments: